Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Martha My Dear

It's no small secret that I love Martha Colburn and her films. (And I'm not alone; my co-worker John says of her, "God I love art chicks! I want to marry her!") Today I received an e-mail from her containing her "Snapshot Diary", an HP promotional piece to help announce her installation and short film premiere at the 2007 Sundance Film Festival (Martha's 5th appearance at Sundance). Martha describes her HP piece as "a dorky corporate diary," adding "i got a free camera from it!" The films Martha premiered were "Destiny Manifesto" and "Meet Me In Wichita" (click here and here to see reviews). Here's the clip, which can also be found on YouTube (what can't be found there?).

MARTHA COLBURN'S "SNAPSHOP DIARY" (1:00 min):


While I'm at it, here are some Martha Colburn music videos I found on YouTube:

DEERHOOF'S "WRONG TIME CAPSULE" (3:03 min):


FRIENDLY RICH & THE LOLLIPOP PEOPLE's "FRIENDLY FIRE" (3:07 min):


THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS' "CELEBRATE BROOKLYN" (1:18 min):

This video was produced by Asterisk (www.asteriskpix.com) and directed by Martha Colburn for the They Might Be Giants "Venue Songs" DVD.

Related Links:

Martha Colburn's Website (www.marthacolburn.com)
Martha Colburn @ EmeraldReels.com
Martha Colburn @ IMDB
Baltimore City Paper Review (Adele Marley)
Martha Colburn @ Women Make Movies
The Films of Martha Colburn (VHS compilation)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home