Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Project Cawley

Flying Under the Way-dar


Con-Vincing Evidence: Vince or Dave, you make the call!

"It finally hit me who Dave Cawley reminds me of," my friend Cody observed. "Vincent Libretti from Project Runway."

Ohmigod, yes! It's uncanny how similar my friend Dave Cawley, mild-mannered insurance claim adjuster by day, wild-mannered rock star (Berserk, Garage Sale) by night - resembles fashion designer Vincent Libretti from the reality TV show Project Runway ! If he were not a tad taller and slightly more masculine, I would easily mistake Vincent P. (pictured above) on the street for Dave C (pictured below):


"I don't see the likeness at all," snorts Dave Cawley

I've noticed Dave has been dressing much more fashionably of late, too - designer glasses, dressy pants and sweaters. Could it all just be a coincidence? Or has Dave taken on Vincent's characteristics in some real-life approximation of his doppelganger, much like the fictional Weronika and Veronique (actress Irene Jacob) in Kryztof Kieslowski's The Double Life of Veronique?

Don't believe me, Vince and Dave fans? Check out this YouTube clip (thanks Cody!):

Vincent Libretti (or a moonlighting Dave Cawley?) of Project Runway


When I showed a pic of Vincent Libretti to my friend, Scott "Unpainted" Huffines, he agreed: "A younger, hipper David Cawley!"

"Still," Cody added, "You have to admit that it's far better than being compared to a retarded serial killer."

Well, yes. And - as Dave Cawley replied to me - it's way better than being compared to Martina Navratilova, my celebrity lookalike. (I really must look like a woman because once again at Eddie's grocery store the checkout kid asked me, "Plastic or paper, Ma'am?"

Here's the only Dave Cawley clip I could find for comparison purposes on YouTube; after the Atomic TV intro, Dave's band Garage Sale auditions their version of "Silent Night" for Suzanne Muldowny (Underdog).



OK, final test, Cawley fans. Is this picture below DC or VP? You be the judge!


Is he or isn't he?

Related Links:
Vincent Libretti's Myspace page

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I first saw the picture of Vincent Libretti, I thought it WAS Dave.

Have they ever been seen in the same place at the same time?

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree that Vincent looks pretty much exactly like Dave, but not as much as Scott Wallace Brown resembles PR season 1 winner Jay McCarroll.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Hagerty said...

Un sujet très intéressant. Très beau texte. Il était intéressant de le lire, déjà à couper le souffle. J'ai écrit un essai sur la littérature seulement sur un autre sujet. J'ai eu le meilleur score et j'étais content. Soit dit en passant, le thème était sur dom juan acte 2 scène 2

4:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Monilla ystävilläni ja ystävilläni on jo valtaongelma. Uskomatonta, kuinka moni joutuu kärsimään. Gallupien mukaan on olemassa parannuskeino levitra hinta, jota kannattaa kokeilla.

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home