Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Mr. Tweedy


My life is now complete. My co-worker Ross just graced me with that most coveted of comic strip collections, the 1977 Tempo Books paperback edition of Ned Riddle's Mr. Tweedy #1.

Life is good.

The Sun used to carry this syndicated strip that ran nationally between 1954-1987 and I recall it was my Mom's (and my) favorite cartoon, followed closely by George and Virginia Smith's The Smith Family (celebrated in song by Red Kross, no less!) and Brant Parker and Johnny Hart's The Wizard of Id.

Related Links:
Mr. Tweedy at ComicStripFan.com
The Smith Family at ComicStripFan.com
The Wizard of Id at ComicStripFan.com

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Ms. G. Goat said...

Oh, okay. The Sun carried it. I was wondering why he seemed so familiar.

- Laurie A.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

I just found that in my attic and read it cover to cover. I love that book. I got it sometime in the '80s. I'd never heard of Mr Tweedy before that.

4:08 PM  
Anonymous wii component cables said...

Valuable info. Lucky me I found your site by accident, I bookmarked it.
wii remote chargersNintendo made a huge splash in the video game market by introducing the Nintendo Wii Game Systemwii Accessory Bundles

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home