Monday, January 31, 2011

Happy Birthday To Me!


Jan. 30, 1957 - Jan. 30, 2011...And Still Counting!

I was born on January 30, 1957 - The Year of the Monkey in Chinese Astrology, The Year of the Sputnik (and Muttnik - R.I.P., Laika!) in Space Race Years, and the Age of Aquarius in Hippie Musical Years - and all I can say is What A Long Strange Trip It's Been! Anyway, another b-day has come and went and I begin the New Year old, if not wise, beyond my years. But enough about me...

First off, thanks to all my friends who wished me well either in person or via The Internets and the social networking marvel we call Facebook!

Secondly, thanks to the lovely Amy Davis Linthicum for the lovely presents and meals, especially those delicious Oatmeal Raisin Bars that are like Oatmeal Rasin Cookies but even heavier with goodness (insert Homer Simpsonesque sound of *drooling transcendence* here). (I have already put on 4 pounds and gone through an entire roll of toilet paper - and I'm only halfway through the box!)

But I gotta say my fave gift has to be the birthday card I got from Amy's talented mom, Mrs. Kimi Davis. For one thing, it depicted a ginormous elephant ass on the cover (I love elephant asses, though it took me a moment to figure out what it was beneath all those wrinkles!)



...and I loved the accompanying inside salutation of "Have a big-ass birthday!"...

But more than anything, I loved her great monetary origami that was Scotch-taped inside:


The buck stopped here on January 30

It's so well-dressed and spiffy that I'm loathe to unfold it, and I'm not even sure what denomination it is (though I'm hoping it's a 20!). I suspect that, like all origami "paper currency" craft gifts from Mrs. Davis, I'll store it away as art until I'm skint and have to convert it to cold cash. At which time, I will detach the little pink tie and start wearing it to work; I may even contact the Guinness World Record people to see if it qualifies as World's Smallest Clip-on Tie.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Online Medical Transcription said...

Happy Birthday---

1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home