Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Bumper Sticker of the Day

Driving into work today I was behind the ultimate redneck mobile, an Isuzu pick-up truck driven by a guy in a cowboy hat and plastered with pro-NRA, pro-Veteran, pro-American patriotism bumper stickers. This could easily have been the pick-up that blew away Peter Fonda and Dennis Hopper at the end of Easy Rider. But at least one sticker didn't frighten me, making me laugh instead:
GUNS KILL PEOPLE like
SPOONS made Rosie O'Donnell fat!

It's a variation on this t-shirt:


Twisted logic, to be sure, but what do you expect from an NRA nutjob? His gun may be fully loaded but, as my friend (and Vincent Libretti lookalike) Dave Cawley (pictured below) likes to say, when you engage in a battle of wits with people like this, you have the advantage because your opponent is always unarmed.


Dave Cawley sez: "I'd challenge you to a battle of wits, sir, but I'd be fighting an unarmed opponent!"