Saturday, November 05, 2005

A Series of Unfortunate Events


I've lost my mojo. Specifically, my good luck amulet, my Guardian Angel coin from Baltimore's legendary St. Jude's Shrine. And now, faster than you can say Lemony Snicket, a series of unfortunate events have occurred.

OK, maybe I'm not suffering as much Young Werther. And maybe I haven't faced as many trials and tribulations as Biblical sad sack Job, but in the last two days:








  • I came to work without any money in my pockets, causing me a lunchtime panic (I didn't notice until a bum asked me for money for a cup of coffee)

  • I cut myself shaving in a very intimate area this morning (right after posting a blog about "manscaping" in that area)

  • I accidentally deleted a Word Document I had worked on all day

  • Last night I had a power outage right in the middle of digital video editing on my computer

  • My alarm clock died, making me late for work. Now I have to use a back-up alarm clock, an obnoxious Hello Kitty clock an old girlfriend gave me that blares a Japanese-accented, endless loop Karaoke Kitty Ditty of "Hello hello hello!"

  • I ran out of Baby Wipes (it could be worse - thank God I don't have a baby!)


OK, snicker if you must, but according to Old Testament doctrine, God's angels were at times given special commissions regarding men and mundane affairs, and while the aforementioned series of unfortunate events may seem trivial to the undiscerning eye, they have shaken the foundations of my belief system to the point where I am leaving work early to head straight over to St. Jude's Shrine. We all know what could have happened to good ole George Bailey in It's A Wonderful Life without guardian angel Clarence by his side!

Sure, lucky charms and amulets may sound hokey, but who can forget how KISS lost their super powers in Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park when their talismans were stolen by a mad scientist and only when recovered could Ace once again teleport, Peter move like a cat, Paul shoot laser beams out of his eye, and Gene breathe fire. Yes, I'm more than a little superstitious. Don't even get me started about the fear and trepidation July 4th instills in me!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that a picture of Saint Jude or John Ritter?

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Bridal Gowns said...

Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.

4:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home